Friday, August 27, 2010

Unfaithful

Today, my co worker and I hanged out at a place where I used to frequent in the past. When my sis and I were on good terms. Apparently, my sis and I had a tiff but we were sorta fine now even though she deleted me on FB and has yet to add me back. Relationships are like mirrors, once it's broken, no matter how hard you try to mend it, the cracklines will still be visible.


Memories can be the most haunting access to our past.

That place gave me lotsa memories. Good and of course, bad ones. One thing about bad memories is that it haunts you for a very long time even after years when you thought that everything were all healed. It creeped upon you so quietly and despicably that you won't even notice its existence. It make your eyes well up with tears without you realizing.

I can remember vividly that day when my sis called me around midnight sobbing and telling me about her discovery, the shocking truth about her husband's extramarital affairs. I took a cab down and only returned home when she calmed herself down. My folks questioned where did I went, I refused to tell them the truth. Secrets were meant to be kept, weren't they?

Her husband's lover is a muslim lady, working as a receptionist at the mall.I remember that one time when we tried stalking her at the exact same mall where we went today. My sis was afraid of being found out as she was tryna get some clues and evidence. I don't understand why she has to be afraid.. She has done nothing wrong. She isn't the one who cheated. She isn't the one who went back home late at unearthly hours without informing. She isn't the one who shamelessly cuddle and f*cked with someone else who is not her spouse. She isn't the one who recorded the process and leave it around to create mess and unbearable heartache.She isn't unfaithful.
Infact, she has done everything that a husband should ask for. She gave up her youth, her time and other opportunities to marry a jerk like him. Tell me, how much is a jerk like him worth fighting for? I would say a bastard ain't worth the trouble.

To me, things are simple. You strayed, you cheated, you betrayed, you get outta my life.
I advised her to leave her husband without considering the consequences for her.
It takes 3 years of seperation before you can legally divorce with your 'spouse'.
What happen to the apartment after seperation? Her kid? Living expenses?
These are the prices you have to pay for loving the wrong person. Stupid right.
But.......
Why would you wanna keep hanging on to a loose rope that might snap anytime?
Why tolerate the nonsense that an inconsiderate, son of a bitch created?
Why get trapped in this misery when you can break free?
What makes her think that he still deserves her?

My sis must be one of the most silliest / simplest person I've ever met.
Her magnanimousness and ability to forgive have far exceeded a human's capability.

I used to have this classmate who lied to us. She denied her own marriage , her own child. I went to her house and she introduced her husband as her brother. She introduced her daughter as her niece.I saw the birth certificate of her daughter. Mother's name stated on the BC is clearly her name and Father's name is her 'brother's'.
She told me about her first love whom she has feelings for, about them dating despite him having another gf. She told me about them meeting up even after he married his gf. She was pregnant and even a goon could tell. She lied again, telling me that it's the medication that she was taking that made her 'bloated'. She can lie so easily without batting an eyelid but her love for her child can't. I counted the months and it was right. She looked 6 months pregnant when I last saw her and 3 months later, she used an newborn infant picture as her msn display picture.

I couln't comprehend why she had to lie. But I realized, she was afraid of being judged as she has cheated. Adultery is considered a sin. A religious catholic like her wouldn't let such a sin shame her. . But I still couldn't accept the fact that she lied to all of us...

Now, I guess I can accept the fact without being judgemental.
I understand why she denied her marriage and the existence of her children.

Maybe because my sister has done almost the same thing but at least she was honest with her feelings. She wasn't in denial, she admitted that the marriage has already fallen apart, beyond repair.She wanna give up on this hopeless marriage but she still cares for her husband. She couldn't do anything cos' she has a child to raise.
My sis and my bro-in-law has someone whom they like now.
Legally , it is considered cheating, adultery.
Spiritually, it is considered detaching yourself from the figure which you've chosen to attach yourself to.

Love is simply just a feeling that requires other concurring and contributing factors to make it fall together and make it stronger. Love can be gone but faithfulness still has to stay. Being unfaithful make everything falls apart; the responsibility, credibility and whatever it has got to take to make it work, perish together.

No comments:

Post a Comment